Monday, November 29, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays ~ Dr. Oz

Well let me start by saying that I am very happy this morning.  I had set a goal to lose weight over the Thanksgiving holiday...and I did!  Not much...but that wasn't the point.  I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it!  Yay me!  


I have started re-reading "You:  On a Diet" by Michael Rozien, M.D. and Mehmet Oz, M.D.  Do yourself a favor - if you've never read the book, pick up a copy and read it.  It's full of information about how your body works - written in layman's terms.  It's getting down to basics.  One of my favorite quotes from the book: "...think of your body as an orchestra.  All of its systems, organs, muscles, cells, fluids, hormones, and chemicals play different instruments, make different sounds, and produce different results depending on how you use them.  They work independently, but only when they're played together can you appreciate the magnificent symphony of your own biology.  As the conductor of your biological orchestra, you control how the instruments interact and what the final result will be."  I am the master of my destiny.  Amen.


It's still all about baby steps.  I encourage anyone else out there who is working towards a healthier lifestyle to join me in celebrating the small victories along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment