Monday, January 24, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays~baby steps

For those of you who have been following along with the blog postings, you know that I have dubbed this the year of reinvention.  Part of that reinvention is finding my "happy place" both mentally and physically.  I'm  not going to lie to you. It is by no means easy.  I'm struggling big time.


I will share one small self discovery ----- I have realized that my bar is set waaaaaay too high (for myself as well as those around me).  This leads to a good deal of disappointment.  My own fault.  Part of the reinvention process.  I can change that. I'm already actively working on it. 


As far ramping up my exercise......slacking. Big time.  I am still not making myself the top priority. I am still not making my work out the most important "appointment".  It's hard.  Not only to juggle a busy schedule...but to get motivated to go to the gym after work.  I have to find a way to be excited about it.


Eating healthy? Yes and no.  I'm not consistent.  I'll do really good all day....will get to dinner time and I overdo it.  It doesn't help that my husband is a fabulous cook.  NO, I'm not blaming him.  He's not forcing me to overeat!!!!


It's a mindset.  I'm talking the talk.  I'm only walking the walk maybe 70% of the time.  That's not enough. I don't expect to have perfect results...I doubt that my effort will ever be at 100%.  I would be very happy to be at around 85%.


This post sounds more like a rant.  Not meant to be.  I know that there are others out there reading this who have shared with me that they are going through similar struggles.  I just want to be honest with you.  It's not all puppies and unicorns.  What does help is knowing that I am not alone.


Let's keep going people.......baby steps are better than no steps at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment