Monday, January 3, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays ~ The Year of Reinvention

So here's the scoop. I gave up on New Year's "resolutions" years ago. Seems to me that declaring that I am absolutely going to do something by such and such a time has always set me up for a let down.  Why go there? Maybe I just don't like the word resolution. Maybe I don't want to be held to something?  Who knows.  Here's what I will say -- I have a vision for 2011.  I am looking at it as the year of reinvention.  Here are the things that I will be focusing on...

I have spent the better part of my life supporting others and helping them achieve their goals. I'm a great "cheerleader".  Please don't misunderstand me. I don't think that there is anything wrong with that. It's who I am and I will continue to cheer all of you on as best I can. My point is that in doing so, somewhere along the way I lost sight of my own dreams.  This year I plan on reinventing myself and bringing some of those dreams back into focus.

I don't only want to talk the talk, I want to walk the walk as well.  I became a member at Crosspoint at the beginning of last year.  My biggest goal for my reinvention is to find ways to be an ACTIVE member of the church.  I have a few ideas (thanks to the suggestions of others) that I am working on to achieve this goal.

Health is also at the top of the reinvention list.  Time to ramp it up.  The goal is to figure out a way to stay motivated.  To make eating healthy and working out FUN!  First thing on the list is to try out at least one of the classes my gym offers...zumba will be first. Once I have a bit more strength and more confidence - I'd love to try kick boxing.   As far as the eating part----finding a way to incorporate more fruits and vegetables is my top priority.  If anyone has any healthy snack ideas that they can share.....I would appreciate it!

I will be looking at ways to embrace my passion of music.  Honestly, I had all but given up on the idea of ever being in a band or a duo. No one has told me I cannot do it....I just get in the way of myself.  I'm friends with so many talented people - I compare myself to them and think I just don't stack up.  Part of the reinvention is a different mindset.  I CAN hold my own and there is no reason why I can't use my God given talent of singing! Keep your ears open people....I'm throwing it out there to the universe!

Lastly I want to focus on doing things that will continue to broaden my horizons.  This spring I will be taking a sign language class.  Who knows where that will lead to!

The biggest thing about reinvention is that it's a working plan.  There are no rights and wrongs. It's a plan that is constantly in motion.  Here's to the year of reinvention!

No comments:

Post a Comment