Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Sunday Dinner" ~ Batch From Heaven

A quick update....

Thank you to all of you who have been so supportive of my dream to start my own online bakery business.  At first I was very hesitant about pursuing it.  After some encouragement I got all pumped up about giving it a whirl.  Even registered my domain name batch from heaven last week (I wanted to feel like I took a step in the direction of my goal).  Needless to say I jumped the gun a bit.  After some research I discovered that Wisconsin law states that in order to sell bakery, it must be produced in a commercial kitchen.  Clearly, I do not have a commercial kitchen in my home.  Sadness.  Sooooo....bakery as a "business" has been shelved for the time being.

Many of you know that Casey and I have a dream of opening a restaurant.  If and when that day comes guess what we will be serving for dessert? You got it, my bakery.  At that time I would also be able to do the online business if I still wanted to.  Even though my whole thing is comfort food type bakery, I may just take a cake designing class and use this time to learn some basic skills to make my bakery a bit more "fancy".  I will not be advertising a "business" per se - however if someone out there has a need for a carrot cake, lemon bars, cookies etc., we can certainly talk.  I don't see anything wrong with accepting a "donation" for now.  My bubble was burst big time earlier this week - but I'm over it.  I am going to use this time to broaden my baking skills.  I will not be defeated!

No comments:

Post a Comment