Monday, December 13, 2010

Rainy Days and Monday ~ at somewhat of a standstill

I've been remiss about posting for awhile. Bad Cari! Really ...there is not too much to report.  I messed up my knee about a week ago.  I wish I had some really exciting story to share about how it happened.  Unfortunately, I have no clue how it happened.  Since the knee went out, going to the gym has been put on the back burner.  Not happy about that, not happy at all.  Let me just say I don't think one really appreciates their knees until one of them isn't functioning properly :) 


Some tidbits:


*Still focusing on "waist management" vs. "weight management" as that is what Dr. Oz says is crucial to optimal health.  Have lost a few inches so that makes me happy :)
*I really like almond milk.
*I still have a tough time getting all of my water in.
*I have started drinking green tea.  Fabulous antioxidant.  I'm not a fan of hot bevvies (except hot chocolate and that would certainly be defeating the purpose) but it's growing on me.
*I rarely have more than one soda in a day.  Soda is just plain bad for you. The body doesn't know how to digest it. 
*We cook just about every night. Real food....no boxed/pre-packaged foods in this house.  
*Dessert is becoming something of the past.
*I am trying really hard not to eat anything later than 8.  With my lifestyle that is very very difficult.  It will definitely not happen every night....but I'm making an effort. That's what counts right?
*Staying away from deep fried food as much as possible. Period. 
*Alcohol---have not been drinking a lot.  Lots and lots of empty calories in alcohol!


There it is.  I am continuing to take one day at a time.  I feel better, I feel stronger.  That is a great first step as far as I'm concerned. For any of you reading that are also on a path to a healthier you....I hope that you are finding successes on your journey as well!  Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment