Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Dreams

All of us have dreams.  Some of those dreams start when we are children and follow us into adulthood.  If we're lucky, some of them come true.  

For as far back as I can remember one of my dreams has been to be a "rockstar".  My passion is music. I love to be on stage.  After 2 decades of supporting live music in the area, you would think that I would have found my way into a band.   Often times I would sing at open jams in the area and I would be asked why I wasn't in a band.  It never seemed to be in the cards.

Several months ago I was at one of the jams - my friend Marcell was part of the house band.  I got up and did a song with them.  On his break he approached me and complimented me.  He asked me why I wasn't in a band.  Best answer I could give him was that no one had ever asked me.  You could tell by the look on his face that the wheels started spinning.

After a number of conversations he asked me if I would be interested in doing a wedding with his band the Rhythm Kings this fall.  The couple had requested a female singer.  Ummm YES!!!!  We started rehearsing - one thing led to another and I was asked to perform with the band at Summerfest.  

Summerfest - the holy grail of music.  The world's largest music festival.  And I was being asked to sing.  I was like a kid in a candy store!

Our show was Sunday night on the JoJo's stage.  I performed 4 songs with the band. It was crazy fun.  I loved every second of it.  What a rush to have a crowd sing along with me!  The feedback I got was very positive.  I didn't want the night to end.  Not only did I get to sing at Summerfest, I got to sing at Summerfest with some of the most talented musicians in the city.  What a humbling experience.  

By far one of the best nights of my life.  Dreams definitely do come true!!!!!

Stay tuned....hopefully there will be more dates in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment