Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Dinner~Stroganoff

Every week my husband and I make a point of sharing a home cooked meal together on Sunday night.  I wish that this was a ritual that others would embrace.  The day of the week isn't as important as making a home cooked meal.  I am constantly amazed by the number of my friends that don't cook.  Well, they cook~but it's out of a box or a can.  Not the same.  There are so many quick and easy recipes out there.

Sunday posts will focus on food related items.  It may be a favorite recipe or it may be a review of a local restaurant. Who knows where this journey will take us!

This week I will share one of the easiest recipes I know....Beef Stroganoff.

Here's what you will need:
1 pound beef stir fry meat (cut into small pieces)
1 small onion, diced
1 can cream of celery soup
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
egg noodles (prepared per package directions)
*Serves 4*

In a large frying pan saute onion and beef over medium heat until beef is no longer pink.  Add entire can of cream of celery soup. Let cook over low/medium heat for 10 minutes.  Stir in sour cream and heavy cream, cook another 5 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper .  Serve over egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment